I was drafting a set of maritime signal flags, one per draft block, when I finished Zulu & went on to make the first repeater/substitute the numbering scheme behaved oddly:
I feel like the default ought to be to add numbers to the symbol(s) assigned to the zero-point. The second point shouldn’t have been D8, it should have been AA1. When I changed the zero-point for 1st Substitute to Æ, the next point should have been Æ3, not A7, (yeah, it took me a moment to notice, & I changed the dependents first. I would not think existing points should rename.)
So, yeah, I feel like that AA1 etc. didn’t follow AA is an issue, but it would be nice if the notion was extended to make [character]1 follow [character].