Do you need a mobile app to manage body measurements of yourself or clients?
If so, please respond with your story and what you need the app to do. I will update the list of what the app must/should do below.
Current vision (to be improved):
Stories: S1: A designer is selling sewing patterns over the internet and needs to get their client’s measurements into Valentina to draft the pattern in an automated fashion. S2: A seamstress working with Valentina is taking measurements of a customer in her shop and needs a quick way to record the measurements.
The app must: M1: allow you to create/edit individual measurements (e.g. of a person) from/to your mobile device (e.g. smartphone, tablet) M2: allow you to create/edit subsets of Valentina’s measurements (purpose: going through the whole list of Valentina’s measurements when entering data is overwhelming, it’s easier to work with just those measurements you need) M3: be available in different languages
The app should:
- be fairly minimal, doing just what’s needed to manage people’s measurements
- (for S1) run over the internet so the designer can point their customer to a website asking for exactly the measurements the designer needs
- (for S2) run on Android and iOS
- check if measurements fall in to a “normal” range for the given measurement and warn if they don’t. Purpose: help spot typos right away since having to take a measurement again later is a major pain
- provide account management
- provide customer management
- let you compose/send emails with measurements (file or human readable format) attached
Far away ideas that would be cool in the future but probably won’t make it into the app this time:
- the app should draft patterns using .val and .vit file, lay them out on the sheet and send them right to the plotter/printer
- ability to store and sync data via the internet
The plan is to write the app during Google Summer of Code 2017. To get a good result, we need to put in some effort now to get a clear vision of how the app will look and what it does.
Please contribute by
- telling your story of how you would use the app
- stating what the app absolutely must do for you, and what it should do
- drawing screens of the app to help guide/inspire the developer to make it work the way you expect it to